MNScuba.com

Full Version: DR Venture wing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DRE

I dove DR's new venture wing yesterday. It's their version of a donut wing - has about 30# of lift and has separate inner bladder and outer cover (same material as their Trek wing). There's a zipper which runs along the inside of the wing, which gives you access to the bladder (you can remove the entire bladder if necessary).

I loved the boyancy characteristics of the wing and the overall streamlining. Dumping the gas was no issue whatsoever.

MSRP is $280 - I can highly recommend it as an alternative to the Halcyon and Oxycheq single tank wings.

Sounds like their old "travel wing" that I used to own before I switched to Halcyon.

Jon

DRE

Not quite - the travel wing didn't have grommets for use with a BP, the shape of the wing is also different (the travel wing flairs towards the bottom of the wing, whcih the venture doesn't do, and the venture also has a longer and somewhat narrower overall design), and the travel wing used/uses the stretchy outer cover, which was very prone to snagging and tearing.

The new venture has a heavy duty cordura outer shell and seems much more durable overall.

As compared to the Halcyon Pioneer, I believe the inner-outer shell is definitely an improvement, and as compared to the new (not yet unveiled) Halcyon Eclipse, with the DR you can access the inner bladder, which is something you can't do with the Halcyon wing.
Looks like Halcyon must have had some complaints about that. They have now added a zipper to the outer covering so the bladder can be accessed. They had one at DEMA. Wink