MNScuba.com

Full Version: Organization.. I want to be like DanL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, it may not be much but it's a start.. here's a few pics of some other things I wanted to try out yesteday, a fin and mask shelf I built for my Explorer. I'm tired of crushing/busting my cheap plastic mask boxes and never did like stacking my fins one on top the other so I built a remedy for both problems... If you've seen the back of my Explorer ever you know what it's like. I got more ideas on the way for dealing with all the other "stuff". The fin rack works great and leaves a enough room on the window side for a good fit to my mono fin, changing tarp/carpet and some other odds and ends that I don't use to often but often come in handy (towing rope, stringers, razors, etc.). Remember, the rack had to accomodate fins almost 40" long so that's why it appears to be huge, it is. The fin rack is kept from tipping by the mask shelf and although I only have 9 masks Wink, I built it for twelve (o.k., 3 of them are my wifes'). It's accessed by folding the back seat forward, the seat keeps the masks in place, and as long as I can even get the seat tipped slightly forward I can still access all the masks, so I can still fill the seat with sleeping bags, tents, people, whatever. Maybe by next summer I be completely organized ;D
Fred
Good job Fred. Looks good. Wink
and another pic, the mask shelf, that didn't get uploaded. trouble with the server on my end..
Fred