MNScuba.com

Full Version: what do you have?! a heat wave in the cities?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
shoot.. .it was the -7 deg here last night.. yesterday it didn't get above 10, it's 6 deg. now, and we're buried under 5 inches of snow! Last saturday the shallow ponds were frozen over, now the bigger ponds are froze. Deer hunting yesterday and I only stepped through the ice once, even the river was iced over and I think I could have even crossed over on that. I can't imagine Crosby is a whole lot different, I'll have to check weather underground. I know it's no fun getting outta clothes and into gear when it's friggin' (a word I learned from my daughter Lisa... I'm sure it's bad) less than 10 degrees out! Tongue You tough minnesotans that go diving this weekend have a good time! I'm relegated to the pool, mexico, or bathtub for the time being. 'Course, Mexico wouldn't be bad :Smile.
Had to vent :'(
Fred
Hey Fred,

Just wait, this is just the beginning of the long non-summer season. I've gone so far as to oder another set of undies for the dry suit to keep from freezing later in the season :o
I hear you Fred. Withdrawels will be setting in for me real soon too. I just did my season ending cleaning on my gear and am storing it away for the winter. :'( I may however try one of the SD&T winter treks up to the Madeira though. That might be fun. Although, I think I'd only do that if the air temps were above freezing. I don't like the idea of getting out of the water and instantly turning into an icycle.