MNScuba.com

Full Version: Square Lake Wed 12/3 Anyone???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I talked with Richard yesterday, and he was going to see if he could get out. He's playing with his new twin 50's.
I'm up for it, I just hope we don't need to break through too much ice! :o

Jeff
I'm done diving for the year but I'm curious, how thick can the ice be before it becomes a problem in not being able to break through it?
Well, no takers, but I cruised out to check out the conditions anyway.

Looks like the whole lake is covered in ice, with about 1 1/2 inches of ice near the county beach.

Guess I'll have to look forward to Ice Diving in Feb. (Or plan a trip to warmer climates!)
I heard Calhoun is still open, and most of the algae should be dead by now. I hear Wazee is still open too. The show ain't over til the fat lady sings, and she isn't done singin yet.

I can't believe you still have open water up there.

From the sounds of the weather forecasts, I though you'd have to break through by now. We finally had a little wind down here last week that brought in a 'cool front' for a night or two.
It kept blowing sand in my Margarita.

Well , ice diving season approaches soon. Wait until March when the bath-tub diving season opens! I tried it last year but this year with my long hose I shouldn't have to perch the tank on the soap dish! Wink At least in 16-17 days the days start getting longer again...Ahhhhhhhh...
Is that singing I hear in the distance? :o

Jean Smile