MNScuba.com

Full Version: Dry suit hose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I want to get a hose for my DUI drysuit do I need to buy a special one, or can I buy just any old one? How about my BCD hose? ???

DRE

Any old hose will do - your BCD hose very probably will even be the correct length, so you can get the - almost always - needed shorter BCD inflator hose.
some of the dry suit hoses have a release that are eaiser to disconnect. It helps when fingers are cold or if you are in a hurry to get your BC/tanks off.

DRE

This is the kinda hose DUI offers with their suit - just make sure that you can also connect that hose to your BCD inflator. Some of the bigger nipples will be in the way of your corrugated, thus negating the redundant inflation you have between drysuit and wing (disclaimer: there's a lot of different scenarios that would preclude doing this, and a lot of things that need to go wrong before this might be necessary - too many to outline in this post, but my attittude is always to keep all the bases covered, so personally I prefer not to use the oversized nipples on inflator hoses).
Thanks for the information: I didn't think they were interchangable - but I only tried the DUI provided hose to the BC, not the other way around. Since I'm diving this weekend, I'll make sure and check it out.
I have the DUI hose on my drysuit which has the oversized QD collar (or nipple as DRE says Wink). To tell you the truth, I don't think it's any easier to connect/disconnect that hose than the hose for my wing inflation which has a standard lower profile QD collar. The standard one for wing inflation is knurled on the collar so it grips good with gloves on. The DUI one is smooth and more slippery so the fact that the QD has a bigger collar on the DUI hose doesn't really yield much of an advantage over the hose I use for the wing inflation.