MNScuba.com

Full Version: Geting there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased my latest scuba equipment an 87 Suburban. looking for ideas for storing gear. Mostly securing tanks for weekend dive trips. I want them secure but need them accesable for fills with out unloading the whole truck. Any good tried and true ideas I can steel?

Don't do what I do...Jean's toss-it-in the-trunk divemobile! :o Wherever they roll , they go!!! Those foam-type tank holders are nice if you have a flat bottom to set them on. I know the guys should have lots of ideas though. Reminds me its time to go bucket shopping before spring. Seriously , I do try to set the tanks on one side of the trunk with the gear on the other side instead of the tanks on the bottom. :Smile

Jean Wink

DRE

take a look at this for some ideas:

David.
I made tank holders using water noodles and rope. Cut the water noodles into thirds, and then make a rope ladder out of them. Be sure to tie knots on each side of each noodle so that the noodle doesn't slide around at all.

I think it cost me around $8 to make three sets of tank holders - they hold two tanks each typically. Or, you could make it as long as you wanted.