MNScuba.com

Full Version: Diving Cancun?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, all I am taking a vacation to Cancun. Can anyone tell me where the sites are (both above and under water)?
Thanks in advance,
-Chad
Chad, I know there are dive shops in cancun.. and it's not like I've scuba'd everywhere (anywhere Wink) down there but I'd be sure to take in one of the cenotes about 45 min to an hour south of cancun, especially if you've never dove one before. Maybe Dos Ojos.. or Taj Mahal or similar. If you haven't lined up your rooms yet what about staying farther south of cancun... like puerto aventuras area for some better/closer diving? I've been hearing all kinds of internet talk about Puerto Morelos for good diving but a lot of that I think is from a dive shop trying to get their act going. And of course, the trips over to Cozumel shouldn't be missed, it's only a cheap bus from cun and a ferry ride from Playa del Carmen to get there (don't know about the ferry from cun or even if there is one) If you're going the end of Feb. it will be nuts with Carnival... happened across that one time.. that'll fill the streets! Colorful that's for sure!
Fred
We stayed at the Royal Caribbean resort, it was excellent. Hard Rock wasn't all that exciting, Dady Rock is a crazy club for dancing, and Senor Frog's is usually a younger crowd, although very fun. Watch your wallet (pickpockets) and have a blast.
Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming. Smile We are already booked at a Hotel Carrousel (sp?). It's an all inclusive deal. I am going with my family and some friends (about 23 people total). It turns out my brother-in-law was scuba certified. I knew I liked him. heh
I don't know much about Cancun either, but, have had some dives out of both Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. Have done some research on both. One way to get a lot of information about what is down in the Yucatan, is with some maps online. . I have, also, seen them at the Eagan Scuba Center. They show you just about every business, hotel, restuarant and attraction there. Well worth the 8 bucks. I do have a map for Cancun and it did not show much for dive shops. Maybe a couple. PDC has over 10.

Good luck and have fun