MNScuba.com

Full Version: Adventure Sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Starfish

I checked out a new-for-me shop last night.<br><br>Adventure Sports Scuba<br>12991 Valley View Rd<br>Eden Prairie, MN 55344<br>952-949-0909<br><br>http://www.adventuresport-scuba.com<br><br>They are currently under an expansion of their facilities.<br>I spoke with Kenny and Dave.  Kenny was a knowledgable salesman and was happy to talk all night about any of the products they carried and there was no pressure to buy.  Dave was finishing up a class and answered all our questions on classes.<br><br>They have an onsite pool.  Sell new and used equipment with the used section being quite large compared to most shops I have been in.<br><br>They carry Amer-Sea which is a back inflated BC coming out of Florida which is in competition for sales with Zeagle.  They carry, in store, many brands including both the Zeagle and the Amer-Sea.  They had one of every size to try on plus more for immediate sale if you want. <br><br>I am 1/2 a step away from buying an Amer-Sea.  This BC is shorter waisted then the Ranger and snugged nicely into my back.  I found it very comfortable while I founded the Ranger bulky.<br><br>They have an onsight pool as well.<br><br>I recommend you check this one out.<br><br>
I have been to thier shop and tried the Amer-sea and it seamed ok but not a great fit for me. I didn't see any thing wrong with the construction or design. If it fits you I see nothing wrong with it for the price. I chose Sherwood because of the modular design allowing me to make it longer to fit me.
I visited the shop this weekend with Chris.  The sales people were friendly, but definitely a little harder sell than most shops I've been in.  I think their equipment prices are a little higher than other shops in the cities.  <br><br>It sounded like they were not big into the local diving scene.   When I mentioned local diving their salesguy basically said "why would you want to do that?" -- in a good natured, sarcastic tone.  Their business is really geared toward people taking vacations to warm-water destinations.  That probably makes sense.  I bet 90% of certified divers in MN don't dive locally.
I'd have to agree... That's why we need the other 10% on this board, wait... maybe they already are?<br><br>:-)

Starfish

My DH and I spoke to Dave who conducts the AOW classes.  He was able to speak extensively on Crosby and Wazee.<br><br>Seems it all depends on who you talk to as my experience was good here but not so good elsewhere.<br><br>
Went to Adventure Sports Today, Althow they are remodeling and basicly closed they let me use their pool for free to see if I had my weights wright with my new wet suit. The more I go there the more I like them.
Ken is a great guy if you stop in be sure to say hi. He has been there done that. He was a commercial diver for many years and he really knows diving. He is great at answering questions and always has time to talk diving.
Stopped in today and asked about Dry Goves (dont carrey them), then asked about zipper wax for a dry suit (don't have none), then mentioned i was thinking of purchasing an AL40 (no comment).

Sales men was a great guy and I know he felt bad not being able to help but---I just have to agree with Jason Baker. If your diving local you need a different shop for certain things.

FYI if your looking for a fill station- They don't do Nitrox fills.
  Adventure Sports is offering "Free Open Pool" on Friday, August 18th & 25th.  Certified divers, with a buddy, that have been in the water in the last 12 months can use the pool for free.  Air provided at no cost.  Open pool runs from 4:30 to 8:00pm.  Please call ahead, 952-949-0909, space is limited.  We look forward to seeing you.

If you have not been diving regularly and need a formal review, call Todd at the store and we'll discuss options to get your skills up to date.