MNScuba.com

Full Version: Search & Recovery\Police diver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Search & Recovery\Police diver.
How does one go about becoming a search and rescue diver or police diver? Where are job postings for these positions in MN? Is this usually handled by local fire department or federal agency? Any Info would be helpful. ???
I was one for Olmstead County, it was handled by the Sheriff's Department (I think most are). Check with your local department, they will be able to point you in the right direction. Most are all volunteers...
For Ramsey County Sheriff's Dive Team, the way to do it is to become a "volunteer" reserve deputy for the Lakes and Trails Unit (Water Patrol.) Put in at least 150 hours per year and then you will be eligable for the dive team.

Any links or info to who i could contact to be a search and rescue diver in anoka county?

How close are you to Isanti County- I know we are looking for more for our dive team up here. You can look at and look under Safety and Rescue.
Actually Cambridge is not that far from me. I live in fridley. Who would i need to speak with in isanti to be part of the dive team?
I would talk to Chief Deputy Russ Monson. (763)689-2141
How often do you guys get called into action? What does the response time need to be like? Is it like a volunteer firefighter where you need to be at the station in a certain amount of time? What kinds of recoveries do you do?