MNScuba.com

Full Version: Perch Lake, WI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dove perch lake in WI yesterday and temp was about 42 degrees and viz was pretty good at about 6-10ft. Smile
Yeah I did a dive with JoelW out there on Saturday. Not bad but Perch typically gets better viz than that. Two years ago the viz was a good 20 to 30 feet in May. Last year wasn't as good. Hopefully it will improve over the next month.
Lonnie, I'm wondering if the poor viz last year was due to the new county park construction. I imagine the construction and resulting erosion was not good for the lake. We may be in for another lackluster year at Perch.
The best vis I've seen at Perch is always over on the park side down in the "bowl." If you get to about 40 feet it will usually clear up fairly well. Of course, there isn't a damn thing to see in that area but mud. But you will be able to cearly see the mud.

You are probably right Jason. I think the so-so viz on Tuesday might have been due to all the rain on Sunday. (It got worse from Saturday to Tuesday) But , oh well....I will keep on diving it anyway! I always enjoy a good muck dive from time to time... :o

Jean Smile