MNScuba.com

Full Version: New lake to try/ sorta local
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dove Spectacle lake a couple of times and it's great. Take hi. 47 no. and if you hit 95 you've gone a mile too far. It's you can't dive off the boat landing but there is a beach 1 block away that charges $1.00 a person via pay box. Also, there are 2 resorts (far from the 4 seasons) Buckhorns and mankes. They call it spectacle because of how it resembles a looking glass and its clarity, at least thats what the drunk old woman told me.
What made it so great? Interesting bottom, lots-o-fish, etc.? What was the visibility?

And do you have better directions? HW 47 N & what?

Sorry about all of the questions!
I don't know what made it great, but I did find it on the DNR map. It has a Max depth of 51'

Minnesota DNR Concrete State owned access off of Co. Rd. 37 on the south side of the lake, via the point road. Parking for about 10 vehicles w/ trailers.

County Earthen County owned swimming beach off of the NW side of the point road from Co. Rd. 37 on the S end of the lake.

The water was really clear, lots of fish, Found a good mask in the weeds, plenty of eye candy at the resort. I'm kinda regreting giving up the secret now. I am pretty sure theres an 80 foot hole in the lake somewhere too. Some sand, some silt.
Ah , Spectacle is no secret!!! I dove it about 5 times last year. Its a really nice lake to dive...And just walk in from the access makes it SOOO nice!!!!

So don't feel bad about revealing it! Wink

Jean