MNScuba.com

Full Version: Beginner wreck dives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for advice from the more advanced divers of the board as to some beginner north shore wreck dives to build up my skills. I have already done the madeira for my advanced class. Smile
I don't know of any other wrecks besides the Madeira that are diveable from shore other than the Hesper which is actually much easier than the Madeira.
there are some nice ones in Thunder Bay and a smelting plant at 80 feet at Silver Islet
You can find plenty of easy wreck dives in the Milwaukee area.
Hey Stephen and anyone else for that matter,
If you have interest in diving in Milwaukee, let me know..we have everything from the most tame of wrecks resting in 20ft to the most technically advanced wrecks in 200+. Drop me a line at divecaptdean@aol.com with any questions. WreckXpress will take you there.....

Deano
Len Der charters, in Milwaukee, has been doing new diver nights on Monday nights for a few years now. Rates are less and the dives wrecks are all above 40'.

Wednesday nights are "normal" wreck diving nights with wrecks in the 63' to 125' range. Some parts of these wrecks, like the #6 dredge, come to within 26' of the surface.

Weekends are wide open depending upon the group. Some wrecks that we have taught our openwater courses on are over 300' long and lie in just 23' of water. There are other, shallower, wrecks that come up to 5' of water- like the Josaphine.

Of course there are the deep wrecks and the captain has just found another promising site in 250'+ of water.

You can call the captain, Jerry, @ (414) 588-6764.

There are other wrecks up and down the Wisconsin coast. The wrecks to the south are usually shallower, especially into Illinois, and they get much deeper as you go further north.

Some freinds of mine, Gert and Greg, where out on the Vernon for the past two days. They had 50' of vis, with available light, at 200'. If they wouldn't have been diving in the middle of the week I really wanted to join them- yes, some dives are worth putting a tank on for. Wink

Jon