MNScuba.com

Full Version: Your favorite "local" lake?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thought we might get a poll going...
Sorry, there was only 8 options to post in the poll area. Missed out posting Parkers, Sylvia, Rock, Chirstmas, Little Long, Minnetonka, Elmo, Green, Independence, and probably 10,000 or more others.

How about a vote?
And reply if your favorite is not in the poll.
I chose Wazee, just because I know it the best... I dove Superior and that is my favorite dive to date, however it was about 36 degree water, so not very enjoyable in a semi-dry.
I've been strictly a warm water diver, but very interested in local diving. My in-laws have a cabin on Green Lake, Spicer. Anyone done any diving there? 'Very clear, spring fed lake with what I understand some interesting debris (streetcar, Nat'l Guard jet that crashed a long time ago, etc). Very deep in spots (100' rift).
Where exactly is green lake? I wouldn't mind checking it out. ;D
Green Lake is in Spicer, near Willmar.
Green Lake & the town of Spicer, is located 10 miles north of Willmar, & to get there f/ the Twin Cities you drive 2 hours due west on Hwy 7 or Hwy 12. This is the lake that many of the Winter Carnival ice castles were constructed from, due to the impressive clarity of the water. I've only heard from other divers, who heard f/ other divers that its a good lake to dive. 'Not sure where these "wrecks" are located, but I bet I could get an idea f/ in-law family members who have lived up there for years.
If you decide to dive it and need a buddie let me know I live in Buffalo and could make a trip out in short order on a weekend or even an evening (when me regs get back from servicing :'( )
That sounds cool. I have driven around the lake a few times...I have always wanted to dive it....If you go , let me know too! I wonder how the access points are? Time to check the DNR site again , me thinks. I know the public access right in Spicer was pretty easy access to the shore but kind of a shallow drop-off.

Jean Smile
Jean: I'd be up for diving that lake. When do you want to go? ;D
Probably sometime in upcoming weeks. Let me check the access points first on the DNR site to get some more information on the topo etc. We can open a new thread on diving get-togethers for the trip...Sound good?

Jean Smile
Pages: 1 2