MNScuba.com

Full Version: Compass Headings for Square Platorms?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would anyone like to volunteer to offer up some the various navigational headings to the different points of interest in Square Lake?

We could have one set for the County Park and one set for Golden Acres and a bridging heading?

Whenever the platforms, boats are moved, cleaned, or adjusted, I'm sure and update would be needed, but that can't be too hard to do.

Then we can all use it as our relative guide to diving square lake. Maybe this can be useful for other lake areas as well?

What do you all think?

It sounds really fun to me! Makes us learn more again and it's almost a fun game to play while sharpening our skills.
Oh and hey, it doesn't have to be all at once. A little at a time, added to the list like a scrap book almost. And no beating up on the person who posts, it's only their best try. We'll keep the current lines as useful aids and not have to add any lines in the future.

After a while, we'll all be like, "lines, we don't need no stinkin' lines..." ;D
Next time I'm out there I'd be willing to give it a try.
Here is a link to a map out of the archives...

I helped make a fairly detailed map of all the platforms during my DM class a while back. You could attach a float to one of the golden acres platforms and another float to one of the county park platforms. Then use line of sight to get a good compass heading. If you really want to get an accurate heading bring a handheld gps unit out with you and jot down the coordinates of each platform.