MNScuba.com

Full Version: Clean up dive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought it would be cool to organize a cleanup dive to raise money for the human society. Have never done anything like this before. How do we go about setting it up and getting donations. It would be a great way to help a good cause and get to dive also. Suggestions from the board?

8)
I don't know of any that are set up as a fund raiser. First of all you would need to charge someone, probably the divers who would be comming to do the lake community a favor. It could be set up on a pledge type deal with the divers getting pledged for but I would think you would have a hard time getting a good turn out.
I notice at almost all of these lake cleanups the hosts seem to take care of lunch, tee shirts, and often times even prizes. I think alot of people would not show without some kind of incentive. Perhaps I am wrong but I don't believe this would be a profit generating type of a deal.
I was just looking for a way to integrate my favorite hobby diving with a way to raise money for a great cause. Maybe if we did something more on the lines of a walk but with diving where we use teams of divers to do one long continous dive or something like that.
You could pledge businesses to pay X amount of money for X pounds of trash removed. If the humane society is the intended benifactor, have them post fliers. Businesses would be the best idea for pledges. If I were at home and somebody came to the door "we're trying to scuba dive to raise money for stuff", I would think it's for that persons dry suit fund. Good luck and keep us posted.