MNScuba.com

Full Version: The 1st annual DPV race
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scuba Dive and Travel is excited to announce our first annual underwater scooter race. If you are looking for a new challenge in diving, or would just like to compete for prizes, then don't miss this ground-breaking event. On September 1st 2004, our 1st annaul DPV race will begin. Contestants will race around an underwater course on Diver Propulsion vehicles for a chance to win hundreds of dollars in prizes. Waves 1 and 2 will be held at Square Lake on September 1st beginning at 6:00pm. The finals will take place on September 8th at 6:00pm. Please call the shop ASAP to register, space is limited.

Here are some of the details:

1. There is a $19 fee to enter. This includes DPV use.

2. Participants must register in advance.

3. Participants must be DPV certified.
(Courses available through Scuba Dive and Travel)

4. Registration is final (no refunds)

5. The winner of each wave will continue to the next round.

6. The winner of the competion will be awarded a $250 gift certificate to the store.

7. All contestants will be awarded a prize.

More details to come. Please contact us for more information.

Happy Diving,
Richard

chrisw

Hey are there separate "classes" for the races?

I mean how is my torpedo 2500 ever going to beat that Red beast?
Since I now own the red beast I suppose I should get certified so that I can enter. The question I have is whether the semi-mythical Dive Rite scooter will be running in the event.

JoelW

Well Chris , we could always tandem our scooters together!!! :Smile But there is *NO WAY* our Torpedo's can beat that evil Red Devil...

Jean Smile
Clarification:

The only scooters allowed this year will be the 2500 series. Tekna scooters fall into the 3500 class. Next year, we will have multiple categories, but this year poor Joel will have to use one of our units. Also, supposedly my Dive Rite scooter will be here in about 2 months. I will not use it or participate in the event, so no worries there.

P.S.

I encourage anyone to participate in this event, not just scooter owners. This is probably the most fun you could have in an evening, and after all, everyone walks with a prize thats worth more than the entrance fee.

Happy Diving,
Richard