MNScuba.com

Full Version: wazee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
now to show my sheltered life...
I have never gone to Wazee and was wondering do people usualy camp on site ?
do you reserve a campsite or drive out and hope?
can you park at your campsite?
I was thinking of going out for the DUI Demo days
Jim, you can camp onsite but campsites are limited. It's a first come first serve basis and I'd imagine for DUI demo days the campground will probably be full by Friday as it's a pretty popular event that attracts a lot of people. Camping is $10 per night. There is a $3 vehicle fee and a $10 dive fee per day.
They'll give you a free vehicle pass if you're camping. Season diving passes are $75 and season vehicle passes are $15.
You gotta pay to dive!! Thats it, I'm returning all my stuff!

Seriously, I knew you had to pay to get in the park, but I didn't realize that they charge you for the diving. I assume it is based on days not dives. Anybody know the pay structure?
another + when it comes to freediving... no charge for that.. scubadivers pay per day.. so Igotoofar.. keep the weight belt, mask, snorkel, wetsuit, get a different pair of fins and you can join us.. another convert??
Fred
If all the Wazee campsites are taken, you can always camp at Arbutus County Park - East or West. It is by no ways as convenient as Wazee but it is cheaper than a hotel. Beware, though, there is considerable ATV noise (or at least when I camped there back in 1998).

I've also heard you can sleep in the 'Orange Moose', but it's difficult hauling your gear through its rear . . . but I digress . . . ;D