MNScuba.com

Full Version: Table Rock - Ozarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Newbie here - Has anyone been to Table Rock down by Branson, MO? TIA
No. Smile

Welcome to the MNSCUBA forum.
Mark, you made me laugh. I thought about responding with just "No" Then I had this image of a post with 30 people responding with No. LOL 8)
I had never heard of Table Rock until last weekend when some great guys from Nebraska were talking about it. Try emailing Ron Johns or Brian Shreve and I bet they can fill you in. (fill us in also!) Smile
From the responses, I assume there is no reason to post conditions of the dives when I get back. Unless, of course, someone needs a good laugh.
Thanks AL - Where are your friends from in Nebraska?
They are from Lincoln and Kearney NE. They were helping/training for our advanced nitrox/deco class last weekend at Wazee. If you go let us know what it was like. Isn't the Bonne Terre Mine also down around that area.

Mapquest says it is an 11 hour 644 mile drive from Mpls. to Branson. :o
AL, Please tell us what you find. I would guess others on the list have been to Table Rock, but just haven't seen your post yet.

Mark was really just welcoming you to the board.

Welcome from me also 8)

Austin - Actually, I would be very interested in knowing what the conditions are. I'll be spending some time in MO next month and have been looking for dive site information on the net - not much luck. Most of the stuff I found was located either south or east (I'll be in St. Joe, MO), too far away for an evening dive after work. Oh well.

I've been to Oronogo and really enjoyed it. And it isn't too far from Table Rock. Plan to go back to Oronogo in December, maybe I can take a side trip . . .

If you find any interesting dive shops, sites, etc., please let me know.

BTW - My earlier comment was meant to be funny, sorry if it didn't come off that way. :-[ I really did mean 'Welcome to MNSCUBA forum'. It's a great site.
If you are going to be spending time in St. Joe get used to driving. I grew up in Kansas City and there is a reason why there was a 15 year break in my diving. The nearest decent stuff is in the southern end of the state. Table Rock is a great lake, at least it used to be. It is clear, cold and, incidentally, fantastic for trout fishing. Connected to it is Taneycomo which is also supposed to be good. If you don't mind driving a bit further there is Beaver in Northern Arkansas. It seems to me that one of the stores in Kansas City runs trips down to the southern end of the state fairly regularly.

I and the family were down southeast of Springfield last July visiting my wife grandparents. Through the middle of their property is a decent sized creek. I and the kids spend a fair amount of time snorkeling in the creek. Diving aside, snorkeling in the rivers in the Ozarks is a good time. They tend to run a bit cool but most are gravel bottomed and reasonably clear. I spent four years at the Univ of Mo - Rolla up the highway from Springfield and got to know the area fairly well.

JoelW
Pages: 1 2