MNScuba.com

Full Version: Crosby has just got a deco chamber!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We just got back from crosby. We went to get our tanks filled and they kinda re-arranged the store a little. Minnesota school of diving had a chamber donated to them. Bill(owner/PadI#79)is going to Florida to get the training/cert. and said it should be working possibly in 2 weeks or so. It's main pupose is for commercial dive training (put a dive computer in a can of water and print out the profile of how the students deco. it in the chamber). It will also be there for emergency use...Finally!
I saw it too last week. My impression though was that it is unlikely ever to be used for people? The level of medical training and support equipment necessary to use it on people I do not believe will exist at the shop.
They have a qualified individual who is able to operate it with someone in the chamber, for emergency, emergencies (HCMC and surrounding chambers full, or not enough time to transport.)
I plan to bring all my gangrene issues there as well :-[