MNScuba.com

Full Version: dcr,scr,tables, po2-aaahhhhh! Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any good internet sites out there to help with the physics side of tables? Computing surface air consumption rates, how much cubic feet of air does it take to lift a 690 lb object to surface from 66ffw and such? I am taking back to back NAui nitrox and Master diver and would love any helpful links that anyone knows of........ My books is okay but doe snot explain well enough....
You can try the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and it's associated workbook. We used that for DM class. There are really nice chapters in there dealing with buoyancy/lifting issues and air-consumption rates. Now it is a PADI book , so you will have to translate that to NAUI Terms!!! ;D

Jean
I found that creating spreadsheets in Excel helped me to really understand the formulas that I use in SCUBA.
Thanks jean. Sorry about the spelling. Just need someone to explain the calculations to me in plain english thats all. where would i find that book?

DRE

Try these titles:

Heinz K. J. Lettnin, International Textbook of Mixed Gas Diving, Best Publishing Company (Flagstaff, AZ), 1999.

Bruce R. Wienke, Basic Diving Physics and Applications, Best Publishing Company (Flagstaff, AZ), 1994.

Bruce R. Wienke, Technical Diving in Depth, Best Publishing Company (Flagstaff, AZ), 2001.

Jarrod Jablonski, Getting Clear on the Basics: The Fundamentals of Technical Diving, . (available as download)

You can order them from most any dive shop! Or , you can borrow mine , of course! (That might be the easiest way).

Jean Wink