MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lost: Reason for this website....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(With regard to the 4 pages of postings the past couple of days on "diving courtesy")
Lost: The true reason for this website "...forum for Minnesota divers".

Found: People with entirely too much free time on their hands! :-\
You have to admint, that post has everything!

DIR, Instructors, Dive Masters, Students, Dive masters in training, Non-students training, Dive flags and the lack of Dive flags, Platforms, Show tunes, Looks, Wives, Knife fights,....

About the only thing it doesn't have is re-breathers 8)
I have to agree, I wasn't very pleased with how that thread went and I hope in the future things are handled differently and more civilized than that one example. I have my own issues with that thread, but I'll leave it be and hopefully it will die a peaceful death.

However, as far as Internet forums go I have to say that mnscuba.com is a rare breed. With over 10,000 posts I can't really say that one thread has made the website lose its meaning and vision. I think mnscuba.com has helped more divers than I ever expected it to and the level of discussion is very good on an extremely high percentage, especially when compared to other Internet forums. I'm pretty certain the vast majority of members that visit, post or lurk here on a regular basis would agree. For the few that made their first posts in that thread, rest assured the rest of the board is very informative and good natured.
The website as a whole should not be judged by that one thread but by the value of information and knowledge available to all, for free I might add.
Hello All,
I rather disagree with concerns on the thread in question ( Comon Courtesy), as well as for (911 and Michael Moore) Even if tempers do get flaring, I think we are all adult enough to keep in mind that while we all share a common love...Diving...we are all individuals with individual beliefs. There is no doubt in my mind that on this site, there are quite a few fantastically intelligent and interesting people. With that, comes difference of opinion. If everyone on this site believed the same things, and there was no difference of opinion on any number of topics, there would not be 10,000 posts on the site. I have really only seen one occasion when there may have been some rough talk. But i think it was done in direct response to some rough talk. I think that person may have gotten the hint that it was ok to have concerns relating to their topic, but maybe their choice of wording could have been better. No harm, no foul...c'est la vie...
I personally look forward to more interesting conversation and or mini debates. I may not be right all of the time, of course I am far too proud to ever admit that, but I am mature enough to take what i dish, and open enough to hear the other side. I am confident that everyone else on this site is as well.

Keep up the interesting talk all

Deano

DRE

What are diveforums for other than providing an alternative for daytime TV when bored at work :Smile. Unfortunately, most people take their online presence more seriously than their diving, which is obvious when you get in the water. At least, the day time amusement continues 8)

What are diveforums for other than providing an alternative for daytime TV when bored at work :Smile. Unfortunately, most people take their online presence more seriously than their diving, which is obvious when you get in the water. At least, the day time amusement continues 8)
[/quote]

I think MNSCUBA still serves a wonderful purpose of getting new divers into our diving community (no matter at what level they or we are at) and continues to allow divers and dive-shops to let each other know where and when they want to dive with each other. I know personally , that I have met at least a dozen new divers this year that have joined MNSCUBA since the 1st of the year.

And because of the openness of the forum , we can discuss topics from soup to nuts , so to speak !!!! Big Grin

IMHO , MNSCUBA does exactly what it is supposed to do!!!

Ok...Me be quiet now... :-X

Jean Smile