MNScuba.com

Full Version: po2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what po2 levels do you use for nitrox calculations
I am going to wazee this weekend and we are planing dives from 40 to 110 feet. I was planing to bring 4 tanks 2 steel 95's with a 32% mix and 2 al80's with a 36% mix for the shallower dives. that should keep everythin in a po2 of 1.4. any thoughts I know what the books say just looking for insight from some of you with moore nitrox exp.(I took the class prior to a break in diving)
I don't understand what you mean with "what po2 levels do you use for nitrox calculations"

With EAN32 your PO2 wouldn't be over 1.4 @110', that leaves you 22' for error without undue risk of going over 1.6. Just remember that as you increase your PO2 to 1.6 you limit your single exposure time to 45Min.

If your question was meant to ask, what is the Max PO2 that divers plan to use. I would say that 1.4 is what many use as a target. And 1.6 as a target for decompression gas.
I was looking at target po2.
if I am doing my math right (which I am dubble checking here)
I come up with a operating depth of 111 feet with ean32 reaching a po2 level of 1.4 and a MOD of 132 at 1.6 po2.

I do not have my charts infromt of me and am trying to get the math down for future planing.

as far as decreasing my exposer time to 45 min I think I would need 240 cf to stay down that long at that depth (can we say hoover) ;D

DRE

Just fill all your tanks with EAN32 and forget about the EAN36. You get little benefit in terms of deco from the 36 over the 32, plus it's a good idea to not constantly push toward the 1.4 either in terms of CNS.
The biggest advantage of using the same gas for all your dives is that you will never use the rong gas at the wrong depth, ie take you 36 to 130. Personally, I limit myself to 100ft using EAN32, anything deeper I'll use TRI30/30 or 21/35 (but that's another debate Wink). Keep things simple and don't worry too much about the optimal PO2 - since your exposures are pretty short your deco benefit is negligeable.
I probobly won't do much diving below 100' but you may be right to just fill em all with ean32.

as far as TRI mix being another debate I agree that deep diving is safer on better mixes so its not another debate it's another class(and I'm not even going through PADI ;D)