MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lac Lavon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How is Lac Lavon...I heard the apple valley side is diveable but does anyone have any more info on where to gear up and go into the water?
The best way to describe it would be worthless. Actually, that would be the nicest way to describe it. The best way is not polite.

It has been mostly green the two or three times I have been in it. Those times have been for a lake cleanup and once for an ice dive. If I remember right it didn't smell good either.

If you are still inclined you park in the lot at the top of the hill and carry gear down to the lake.

JoelW

A freind of mine lives on the lake and I try it once a year to see if it improves or not? For the last few years (including going out last week), it has royally sucked! Couldn't even get 3 feet of vis.
The surrounding lawn runoffs have made that lake into not worth diving, its only getting worst.
I suggest you skip it, you'll waste your day.

Do remember: It is illegal to dive the Apple Valley side, Apple Valley does not permit it and the police do enforce it if they see you in the area. (Been there, done that)
well nuts I was hoping to hear better things about lac lavon...is there still a platform down there...anybody have a clue as to where it would be?
On the end of the lake with the park, at the bottom of the hill, when facing the lake it is around to the right if I remember correctly.

JoelW
Well some of us braved Lac Lavon and I must say, it was not as bad as I thought it might be. Vis was 14 feet, and as long as you didn't touch the bottom vis was pretty good...lots of little sun fish and 5-6 northens, one was good sized...the temp was right around 70 but we didn't get much under 17 feet so the diving was not deep but about 12 feet you can swim right over the growth on the ground and check out the fish- it was a good dive all in all. Not as big or deep as square but okay for a little dive.