MNScuba.com

Full Version: July 11th Crosby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just offering anyone else an invite to Crosby on the 11th. A few of us are already going. We are planning on doing 3 dives maybe 4. We will leave the TC area at 7:30, Put in 2 dives, go into MSD to fill tanks, eat etc., and head back out to the pits.

Bring 2 tanks so we only have to run into town once. LMK If you are going.
-Matt
I am fully down for Cayuna town!!!
What's the water temp like?
Last time I was there it was mem. day and it was 56 deg at the surface so I would think its around 68/surface to dang chilly below the thermocline :o Hopefully someone who has been there recently will post the temp for ya.
Last year on July 7 the T below thermocline was 41F according to my log, and the daytime temps had been much warmer than this year. Definitely drysuit for longer than 1/2 hr dives.
If I can, I am going up Sat AM and will stay for 2 early dives on Sunday.
Any word on the DNR/State activity up there? I hear they are closing roads, limiting acces to dive sites, charging for camping, etc. Any word on all this?
Probably the best thing to do would be to call Msd and see what exactly is happening. I hope they don't ruin it up there. I'd like it to stay undeveloped, it keeps the moter-homes from shipping in whining family vacationers. If I wanted that I'd......theres too many different groups I coulda hit with that one, I choked Tongue
I have not heard anything about the state taking a more active role in the Cuyuna park area until this week. We need to know more.

I found this link on the DNR site:

The link mentions camping at Portsmouth. What about other areas? It also mentions that off-highway vehicles are not permitted.

Here's the deal with the roads.

Scubadog called MSD, I guess the DNR is closing the roads that the off roaders were using. The roads to the Dive access' are still available for use.

I don't think we will have a problem with roads this weekend.
-Matt
We just came back from diving the pits near Crosby last week. Yes, a lot of roads have been closed and they are not only roads for 4-wheelers. Specifically we found the road to Pennington/Manomen Boat Landing open. We also found it to be no problem to access Hopkins, Mangan and Louise. However, the entire south side of Huntington, which we used to be able to access from the road, is now closed off. About the only way to access those sites is from a boat put in at the landing.

We're hoping to drive up and dive Huntington on the 11th from our boat launched from the boat landing on the north side. We just hope the boat landing is still accessible, and have every reason to believe that it is (although one must drive incredibly slow in order to get there without being swallowed by a pothole).

Art and Aly
Yahoo! I'm heading for Crosby Sat AM. Plan to be at MSD at 9:30 looking for buddies.
Plan 2-3 dives on Sat and 2 on Sun AM. Have to leave Sunday by about noon.
Anyone else?
Pages: 1 2