MNScuba.com

Full Version: Took a dunk in Spectacle...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chad and myself took a dunk in Spectacle Lake yesterday (yes , in the rain...!!!).
Vis was so-so along the wide weed line (3-10 feet) but the fish were just all over the place!!! :o
We had over 40-50 panfish just hanging right above us. They must not have ever seen divers before.

I haven't seen walleys in the daytime like I saw yesterday. Below the weed line(17-20) feet , the thermo was quite nippy but the vis improved to around 15 feet (more in spots).

We picked up at least 5 golf balls. That lake could use a good clean-up dive me thinks.

Thanks Chad for a wonderful dive! I'm definately going back to check out below the thermocline and see what else is down there!!! If anyone wants to go exploring with me , lets me know! Wink

Jean Smile
Hey Jean - Scubakitty here, a friend and I were looking for fishy places to go... Spectacle sounded promising, but where is it located - I looked on the DNR lake info board, and I am guessing it is the lake in Isanti County - is that correct? If you could provide directions that would be great... Thanks, Lisa ;D

It surely is in Isanti county. It's a pretty small lake btw.
It's half way between Cambridge and Princeton on MN 95.
I am not sure of the road number you turn on , but if you wish , give me a call and I can try to narrow it down for you!!!
I could always lead you up there , if that would be acceptable? (Gives me a good excuse to go diving up there again... :Smile )

Let me know!!!

Jean Smile
Take 95 from whatever way and it's west of co. 47 about 1.5. miles. Turn south at the little corner store I believe it's co. 1 follow that about a mile and you'll see Buckhornes resort and a little further down is Manskes resort. Public access is on the East side of the lake. Look for the boat landing sign. Good diving 8)

Thanks much for the info (I knew someone would remember what county road it was). Also , look for the Public Water Access signs. There is a little park just down the road from the boat landing. That's where I normally go. (It's a hard right turn where the main road curves back to the left to leave the public access area). It gets deeper over there faster than off of the boat landing!

Jean