MNScuba.com

Full Version: Okoboji - August 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DIVING OKOBOJI ---- August 9

I am planning to dive Okoboji again on August 9. Last week I dove Okoboji with "HG Notes", and we had the chance of diving the reef at Gull Point. Also, I revisited Pillsbury Point. The experience at Pillsbury was rewarding because I had the chance to see two of the Pipelines, the small wood structure at the end of the pipe, and part of rock reef by doing a simple shore dive. I was in Pillsbury previously, but that was a boat dive . Divers usually use boats to visit Pillsbury. Access to this point is more easy if you use a boat. But fortunately last week we managed to find an alley that took us to the starting point of the Pipelines of Pillsbury.

The rock reef at Gull Points is probably the largest at Okoboji with very impresive boulders but with depths ranging from 12 to 18 feet. I was at the reef in Hiawatha Point in the past and its deeper. However, at Gull Point we found a spot with a depth of 40 feet, but it was outside the reef .

So, if anyone is interested in diving Okoboji this Friday, feel free to contact me.

If anyone interested lives in the cities, I am willing to give a ride to that person from Mankato to Okoboji.

cheers

JJ
I forgot to mention that I am planning to do two dives:

One in the early afternoon at Pillsbury (The Pipes - south shore) and one in the late afternoon at The Inn's Pipelines (Northeast shore) or The Reefs (West shore).

Air can be purchase in any of the Okoboji's dive shops.

cheers,

JJ
You can count me in. I am off work by 4:00 and can be on my way from Rochester by 4:30. Not sure how far of a drive it is to there. If need be, I can try to get out of work a little early (maybe 3:00). I have one full Al80 ready to dive...

Let me know,
Chris
Just found out I may not get to leave work before 4:30pm, we had a rash of computer problems this morning and it put us behind schedule... I'll do whatever I can, believe me... I'd rather be diving!
Dive re-scheduled...<br><br>Friday, meeting at 2:30 in Fairmont in the McDonald's parking lot. I'll be driving my black Chevy truck plastered with SCUBA logos. Kind of hard to miss!
Directions to Fairmont's McDonalds:

McDonald's
Jct Hwy 15 & I-90

First exit on I-90; north of Center Creek and in front of the Holiday Inn and the Convention Bureau at Torgerson Drive. The McDonald's restaurant is right on highway 15.

Map:

Chris,<br><br>Thanks for joining me in the Okoboji dive. It was nice to dive the Pipelines again. Next time we will dive till the end of the route, but bring more air Smile.<br><br>I hope you enjoyed Pillsbury; aquatic life is awesome in that point.<br><br>Let me know when you want to dive Oko again.<br><br>I will bring the weights you forgot.<br><br>cheers,<br><br>JJ