MNScuba.com

Full Version: Dive Locations - Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just looking for some suggestions for another dive outing. So far we have Square, Crosby and Wazee... any other spots you'd like to get to as a group?
How about the wreck Maderia? I have heard that it can be accessed as a shore dive, and looks like it could be a neat site.
Any idea how deep that one is? I've heard 70 feet on one end of it...
From the MN Historical Society, it goes from 10 ft, to 100ft because of the way it's on the shelf. It seems to have broke in sections and they lay at various depths. I have never dove it but it looks interesting. Because of the varing depths, it seems like it would be a good dive for all levels. Sort of someting for everyone.
Uggh! Please excuse spelling on last post, I will remember to proof read. Any chance of spell check Chris? :Smile
Just kind of a way of life on bulletin boards... I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. If you notice it, you can go back in and modify your post though. There should be a modify link for the post originator.<br><br>Sounds like a great dive, hopefully I'll be experienced enough by then to check out some of the deeper sections as well.<br><br>Anyone want to second/third/fourth this vote for the Mediera?
Quote:<br>Anyone want to second/third/fourth this vote for the Mediera?
<br>I'll second it if it's sometime towards the end of summer because being a "Newbie :-["yet, I think I need the summer to get as many dives under my belt as possible before venturing into Superior.<br>
Sounds good to me, especially since I'm 'newbier' than you are!  ;D<br><br>Maybe I'll do my AOW earlier than originally planned so I can be prepared and experienced for a deeper dive like this.<br><br>How about Perch Lake in late June and Superior in late August or September?
Quote:<br>How about Perch Lake in late June and Superior in late August or September?
Yeah that sounds good to me.  The only thing that isn't good about Perch is the lack of a park or picnic tables for hanging out during surface intervals or after the dives. It would be a good idea to take some portable chairs and a tarp is a must for gear setup out there since there is no lawn or beach, just a hard gravel parking lot.  I heard though that they are going to be building a little park out there this summer but that it won't be open until next year.<br>
Quote:<br>Anyone want to second/third/fourth this vote for the Mediera?
<br><br>I would like to 2nd, 3rd or 4th that vote!!!<br><br>Here is a website with some info about it if anyone is interested...<br><br>http://homepage.mac.com/rwhiffen/scuba/madeira.html<br><br>Mike
Pages: 1 2