MNScuba.com

Full Version: Do We Need A DIR Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cast your vote! Comments welcomed!

Yes, we need a DIR forum...It doesnt matter if some of us like it and others dont. the fact is, DIR is a growing part of the dive industry. If we dont at least educate ourselves on its standards, then in the future, we will find ourselves behind the 8ball when divers start out wanting to learn its principles..it would be rather sad to limit a diver to non DIR diving when it is a very viable option out there..
Ha! We found a new DIR moderator! Wink

By the way, I'm not going to vote, I just want to see what everyone thinks.
OK. It's unanimous.
would it be better to have a tec diving section where DIR / hogarthian / stroke /and other tec diving topics could all be discused?
Some of us are intrested in the tec diving information with out the DIR tie ins.
I think there could also be a tech diving section, but I dont think you can lump DIR in with tech diving. DIR is not exclusive to tech diving.....
oh yeah...no moderator here.........i dont dive DIR

That is what the advanced discussions area is for.

Obviously the DIR section had a rocky start but as we know Dave and Amber are gone now so if the "kitty committee" is done with their BS postings then maybe we can move on and have some productive discussions. I hope so.
Thank you
T
Isn't 'Technical Diving' covered in the 'Advanced Diving Section'???? <<<FMT, you beat me to the post!>>>

It would be interesting to see what folks considered 'Technical/Advanced Diving': is it determined by depth? decompression dives? cave or wreck? Perhaps this would make a good 'Advanced Section' topic????

As for the DIR moderator, perhaps someone with proper credentials will soon surface . . .

The point that was never resolved was how to deal with the rabid anti-DIR people (like those in the "kitty committee")
in a DIR emphasis forum.
T
Funny, I dont see anyone sitting here bashing DIR all over the place right now. I also dont see very much arguing over dive topics etc...Maybe , just maybe, the Kitty Committee wasnt the instigating party....It could have been the Kitty...

Do we have anyone that is a DIR diver...you dont have to be a DIR God, but something beyond F class would be nice...that would like to moderate this one????...Even though I dont subscribe, I still have some questions......It can only help me assist all divers on my boat...
Pages: 1 2