MNScuba.com

Full Version: Apple River
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone dove in the apple river? If so, what are the conditions like? Where did you dive?
I have never dove it but lost plenty of money and keys in there as a younger man.

Doug
Where is it?
It is in wisconsin. Very popular tubing river.
A friend and I "dove" the apple river a couple of years ago in late October. It's really too shallow to actually dive. In many places it's only a couple of feet deep. It does have very clear water, and there is a lot of stuff to be found on the bottom. My recommendation would be a heavy wetsuit, a mask and snorkel, dive boots, collection bag, and nothing else. Tanks are a waste of time due to the depth. Fins just get in the way. It's easiest to just drift with the current and occaisionally walk through the shallow spots. When we did it, we were towing along a small rubber raft the put our finds in. Within 15 minutes, our tanks and fins also went into the raft and stayed there. Due to the shallowness, and sharp objects on the bottom, dive boots are a must though.

So did you find anything interesting?
What is the bottom like? Is it really muddy or is it sandy or rocky?
The bottom is mostly rocky, with a few sandy spots. Not much mud (hence the good visibility). You name it we found it! Sunglasses (by the tons), coins (only a few), beads, unopened bottles of liquor, and even a few swim suits (hmm?).

Did you just snorkel it then? Where did you enter/exit the river at? I do not want to trespass on any private property.
floatrite park is where I used to go tubing it is in summerset wi.

Doug
Pages: 1 2