MNScuba.com

Full Version: youth diving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any experience with the seal team program, I am thinking about having my 9 yr old take the clases. I see that they offer it at Gone Under. Did it get you kids ready for the real thing? Did they have a lot of fun?

Thanks

Doug
;D
I had my son take the Seal Team Program at GUDC spring of 2004. At that time, he was 10 years old and has turned 11 in August. My son loved the program and its training and couldn't wait for the next class.

My son and his dive buddy, (which was a girl and sometimes a little intimidating for a ten year old boy), became the top Seal team participants. They both passed with flying colors.
They even have there picture hanging up on the wall outside of GUDC's office.

After completeing the Seal Team Program he would be eligable to take his O/W classroom and O/W dives. However this summer was very busy for my son and I, therefore we were unable to take the class. We will be trying this winter to finish at least this classroom and finish the O/W's in the spring. A winter vacation is not in the cards this year! I'd rather buy him the needed scuba gear than blow money on a trip.

I highly recommend GUDC for the Seal Team Program!
Sign your kids up ASAP. I think the classes fill up quickly!

Hope you have allot fun with this, I did!

PJK