MNScuba.com

Full Version: Pool Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any local dive shops that rent out pool time to practice dive skills and try out equipment? Is this a common practice?

I see that Fantasea offers free use of their pool with the purchase of “full Scuba Packages”. Their website doesn’t have prices or an explanation of what is considered a full Scuba package. I will probably check them out in the future (this is a cool selling point), but am wondering if there are any other pools available for scuba usage.
I called Fantasea once a couple months ago with the same question. They told me that they would rent it out to me for $25.
underwater school of America in Long Lake rents for $40.00 an hour that includes the tank
Thanks for the replies.

I found the website for Underwater Schools at

I will check them out as well as Fantasea.
I don't know if the hotel would do it anymore, but, my ex done her confined water dives for her Open Water at the Holiday Inn several years ago and I done my confined water skills for my Divemaster.

We tried to work it in on some "off hours" when the kids were not present, but once they found out, they were back into the pool to watch, often times getting in our way.
I logged some pool time last week at my local YMCA, I just talked to the director of the pool and asked if I could get in, she set me up with a time when they had the pool staffed and I was good to go for free......but I am a member.