MNScuba.com

Full Version: Ice Off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know which site usually has first ice off, Wazee or Crosby? I'm going to head over to Perch next week and see how that looks. According to my dive log my first ice off dive last spring was april 10 at wazee. Lonnie, Jean, and Missy were there. Linda
Linda, I believe Wazee is usually ice free before Crosby.  The temps usually run a bit cooler up at Crosby than they do at Black River Falls.  My guess is the same will hold true this year.  I'm getting pretty anxious to get out diving again myself.  Wink

decoeric

I have emails into a couple friends in the Wazee area to see how Wazee is coming for ice off. Wazee will be clear before the Crosby area is. I am betting that my first dives of the year will be the second weekend in April. In fact they better be, I have a whole bunch the new gear that is basically begging me to get wet and a new dive buddy to dive with, this years dive season can't come fast enough...

eric
The MN DNR website posts Ice-Offs from the previous years which should give you a general idea. I am not sure if the WI DNR does the same. FYI... White Bear Lake, a good indicator of Twin Cities Lakes, had and an Ice Off date of 04/07/2004 last year.