MNScuba.com

Full Version: MNScuba get together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
we tried to get somthing going last fall but it fell through. any intrest in a get together this spring.
I was thinking a lake side location set up a grill any who want could get wet and readjust gear for the season. I am willing to help pull it together if there is intrest

decoeric

I would be interested in meeting some of you fine folks...

eric
I am a newbie, just did my open water in Fla two weeks ago - did my pool work at the Underwater School in Long Lake. I am most interested in dive gatherings once the water warms up some. I can't think of a better day than 2-3 good dives and some time around the grill after.

Bowman Gray
I took the class this semester and will do my open water dives in May sometime. This would be a great event for new people in SCUBA to get to know others and become more comfortable in the water. Do divers in this area do much night diving? Ever since I read about it in the book, I thought it would be awesome to try.
Absolutely.  Night diving is a lot of fun.  I particularly like night dives along the wall of Wazee or swimming along the numerous trees in some of the Crosby pits.  I find that I see more fish on night dives as well, often times they're hiding in the vegetation on the bottom or in between crevices or rocks.
Sounds like a plan!  Looking forward to putting faces with names, getting the equipment wet, and sharing diving stories over brats and some cold ones...

I love nite diving up in Crosby. its fun watching the nocturnal fish dart around in your light.

looks like there is some intrest I will start putting my thinking cap on and find a date/location/ect.

decoeric

Absolutely.  Night diving is a lot of fun.  I particularly like night dives along the wall of Wazee or swimming along the numerous trees in some of the Crosby pits.  I find that I see more fish on night dives as well, often times they're hiding in the vegetation on the bottom or in between crevices or rocks.
[/quote]

I totally agree on the night dives along the walls of Wazee especially if you get below say 60 or so feet, the vis is usually so good on those dives. I love those dives.. man the ice cannot get off fast enough...

eric
How about the first dive of the MN season at Crosby or Wazee? Weekends seem to draw the most people. Is Jean coming back? She is a good organizer.
I would love to meet and put names and faces together. I'm doing my pool training in a couple weeks, and doing my cert dives in Coz at the end of April. It'd be fun to dive with all of you at Wazee or Crosby. I'd like to be able to night dive too!! Count me in!!!

Peace,

Eric
Pages: 1 2