MNScuba.com

Full Version: local dive teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Besides carver county. Do any of the other counties use volunteer divers for their rescue dive teams?
Hennepin Co does but they told me 2 months ago they were going to set up an interview and I have not herd back from them.
they have 2 teams. the water patrol and the emergancy team.
Anoka County uses Paid Police officers, Isanti Co is a pure volunteer dive team and Sherburne Co is starting a volunteer firefighter dive team that is becoming operational Jan 1, 2006. 
Do you have any contact info for the Isanti and Sherburne county dive teams?
The contact for Isanti County Dive Team is Sgt Greg Kranz.  The Contact For Sherburne County is Joe Shanen (Boat and Water Division). E-mail me if you want their numbers.  I am currently heading up the Dive Team from N.E. Sherburne Fire and Rescue.  We are looking at picking up an additional 6 divers from other departments in the county to make a County dive team witha total of 13 divers.  Sherburne County currently has no dive team besides us and we are not going operational until we are fully trained.
Henn. co. has combo dive team, some paid and some voultinteer, Ramsey co Also.
Cass and Crow Wing Counties teams are all volunteer.

I believe Itasca's is as well.