MNScuba.com

Full Version: Diving for antiques in MN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know of any local lakes that they have dived and found old antique bottles, old bones, other misc treasures in? I am particularly interested in local twin cities lakes with hard sandy or rocky bottoms. I have dove theodore wirth which is suppossed to have old antique bottles in it. But all i found is mud.  Wink

There is a new dive season starting up and i hope to have a list of other local lakes that i can search for treasures at.

Is white bear lake good for this type of diving?
Has anyone dove any of these sites: white bear lake, apple river, basswood river, gunflint river, knife river, burntside lake, leech lake, cass lake, red lake, pike bay.
I tried White Bear Lake 3 years ago and it sucked.  It would probably be decent if you had a boat but from shore you have to swim forever to get out of the weeds and  to deeper water.  Also beware of heavy boat traffic in the summer.
Where did you shore dive white bear from?
shamre -

Not really antiques but some local "bounty"...  You can check out Shady Oak lake (access is a little squirley - so email me if you are serious) in Hopkins.  I've dove it many times and it's only a 20' dive but the fun is looking for money and watches under the big diving platform at the beach.  since there is a high dive & springboard, all summer kids are loosing stuff when they splash in.  watches, some $, jewlery, hair stuff and I even found swim bottoms (go figure on that one).  The lake is 100% open now as I drove by about an hour ago.... / Pete
I would definately be interested. How far of a drive is it from the twin cities area? When would you want to dive there?