MNScuba.com

Full Version: twin engine plane ore-be-gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last night we moved the twin engine plane to its final resting area on the south side of ore-be-gone the main bouy isn't in but we have a jug tied off for now follow the line down and go west about 20 feet as it settled there. We will be running a cable from the car to the tire down to the bouy anchor and over to the plane soon. Hope some of you get up to check it out.
Sounds good Rick.  I'm heading up there next week.
Sunday morning we're going to hit St. James Pit, then possibly ore b gone.  Anyone dove the boat landing across the way?
Are you talking about Ore Be Gone...the access on the other side of the lake across from the beach?  Jason and I did a dive over there last summer and it was pretty nice.  It's kind of a neat dive.  You can clearly see when diving it that it was a road used to get down into the mine.  You follow it straight out and then it winds around to the left and drops down pretty slowly.  We only went down to about 40 - 50 feet over there.  I wouldn't mind trying a dive over there again next week.
Lonnie; that south side is where the car is the big tire the boat with the motor on it and now the plane is there highly recommend diving there
We just went over and found the bus, and the helicoptor.  Followed the wall back to the boat landing, but once again, missed that jeep.  Seemed like we'd run into it every dive last year.  Is it still there?

Jumped in the car, wetsuits and all, and drove over to St. James Pit.  I still get a thrill out of the  viz over there.  It's strange, though...no vegitation, (it's all rock) and no moss or anything, that we've seen.  Did see one fish, got four golf balls, and a small spoon lure...

Getting to be a bit trashy by the boat landing...baby diapers, cans, beer cans strewn about.  What a shame...

Good day of diving, although it was drizzly up there all day.
Wow!!
JUst back back from diving Ore-Be-Gon last weekend for the first time. Great viz, wonderful sights to see.

Kudos to TP Scuba for all the hard work and preparations for creating this for all to enjoy. I tried to stop in to the shop on Saturday to tell you in person but only found a note saying Dave would not be open Fri or Sat. Sorry to have missed you guys to say thanks.....Daren
Was in my childhood stonping grounds late last week( MT.Iron) and stopped into Orebegone for the first time.  Funny grew up playing hockey in the old bubble dome and never knew it existed.  In any event..i have heard so much i had to at least see it....I will definitely dive it soon.  but the map on the wall of the head wasnt the greatest..does anyone have one that might make a little more sense..keeping in mind that i am no cryptologist.  I only went to the first landing..didnt see any other access points but didnt look real hard either.
Thanks
Deano
Nor a cartologist for that matter Wink
Deano, here is a link to some lake maps from Tall Pine.
Pages: 1 2