MNScuba.com

Full Version: Diving Door County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across an article but can't find it someone did shore diving north of Green Bay and I would like to get info on these sites I am heading out there on the 23rd and 3 of us would just like to shore dive <br>Rick tpscuba@rangenet.com
Hi Rick, that would be me! Check out:<br><br>http://www.mnscuba.com/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=87<br><br>You can pick up a shore diving map from the dive shops in Green Bay. The map has about 30 shore locations on it. Most of the dive spots are very accessible. <br><br>One important note. Some of the beaches along Green Bay have been closed due to bacteria found in the water recently. You may want to stick to the Lake Michigan sites. Check with the dive shops for current info.
I dive door county at least twice a year. In August we chartered a boat from Jim at Dinasor Divers. We took a 1 hour jont over to the wreckage of the Frank O'Conner. Located in about 80' of water, 52 degree water.. this 325' mostly in-tact wreck as an awsome site! We dove two tanks on it, looking at the tools scattered about, large twim boilers and swam the 325' to the front of the wreck to check out the two anchors. Vis was around 30' and I would highly recommend the charter crew!

This Nov. I'm going on another Door County Thanksgiving dive, usually a shore wreck dive.

DC is a nice place to visit and is extremely helpful if you're taking your Non-Diving family... lots for them to do!

Jim