MNScuba.com

Full Version: Anyone know of a good spot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im looking for a good lake to do some freediving around the Fargo-Moorhead area. Anywhere within ~100 miles would be good.
hey appolion, I like having a steep drop off for freediving or a deep spot close to shore so I tend to prefer Paul lake near perham because it has both, it drops pretty rapidly to about 50 or 60' not far from shore.. just east of the boat ramp.  steep drop offs are nice because they give something other than the drop line to go down.  for as deep or deeper water as clear as paul you need to be ready for a long swim or have a boat.  you can find deeper water that is close to shore but it won't be as clear as paul or some of the other lakes in the vergas/perham area.  They are usually quite dark by even 30' or so.  If i'm in a "just go swim with the fishes" mood than just about any lake around vergas will do.. of 'couse, the old stand bys.. the mcdonalds, six, seven, silent, etc.
I think 100 mile radius of Fargo/Moorhead gets you to crosby and thats got some good drops.  deepest lakes in the area that I know of (not always the clearest)... little mcdonald, star, long by vergas, six... big sand over by park rapids.