MNScuba.com

Full Version: Madeira
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

decoeric

Are there any penetration possibilities on the Madeira? I know you can swim through the hull but can you get up into it at all? I have only dove the wreck 3 times and they were mostly just checking out the area and the outside of the wreck. I am planning a few more dives up there and would like to know if you can get it to it at all. Thanks for the information.

eric
I've gone inside the bow section (first buoy) a couple times.  Not much to see in there but you can access it from the opening in the bottom down at the sand bottom.  You can swim out the opening at the top as well if you are diving a single tank rig but it is a bit tight.  I've seen people swim out of it but I never tried in fear of tearing a hole in my drysuit.  There is another opening inside the large section of the wreck (second buoy) that looks like you could get into with a single tank rig but I've never attempted to go in there, I've just shined my light in there.
The big section below the second bouy, the stern I think, the deeper of the two big pieces of wreck, has a bit of penetration.  It looks a bit tight to get into it, but once inside, it is pretty spacious.