MNScuba.com

Full Version: Minnesota's Best?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got my OW earlier this year and spent a week in Cozumel diving. Would like to try a dive close to home. I've read the previous postings and Crosby seems like a great place to try. Would be open to suggestions.

If you could only make one dive this summer, where would you go?
I would recommend Lake Wazee based on your skill level. You will find very easy shore access, good visibility, and warm water in the 0-40 ft range. 
For me it would have to be Superior wrecks.  I love checking out the craftsmanship on the ELY
I agree that Wazee is a great place too.  I go there almost every weekend.  If you do go to Crosby, Louise may be a good pit to try first.  There are several good ones, but Louise is good and has an easy entry.
I prefer Crosby it is closer for me and I dont have to pay to get in or pay diving fees. there are also a wide varity of dive spots for a wide range of skill levels.
the only draw back is the roads in some of the pits. but I have been known to meet divers in crosby and haul them in my Scuburban  ;D
Crosby Mines, Wazee, Ore-Be-Gone and Lake Mine are pretty good for all levels of diving.

decoeric

Lake Wazee everyday and twice on Sunday, there is something for everyone there, very shallow to extremely deep...

compare Coxumel diving (colorful coral and fish) to fresh water diving?

haven't dove wazzee or crosby, but have dove Ore-Be-Gone in Gilbert, vis is good, lots to explore.

if i could only do one dive this summer where would i go?

Papua New Guinea!!!  ;D