MNScuba.com

Full Version: New boots for Vyper/Vytec computer and SK7 compass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I'd pass on this link to anyone with a Suunto Vyper/Vytec computer or Suunto SK7 compass.  Deep Sea Supply makes some cool boots for wrist mounting with 3/16" bungee cord.  Much nicer than the factory boots that come with rubber watch bands.  Bungee is more reliable than the stock watch bands.  There are no pins to pop out or straps to crack or break plus it's depth compensating and easier to don. 
I got mine in the mail yesterday and they are easy to install and are lower profile compared to the stock boots I had been using.
ordered mine today! Thanks for the tip. I wish I had seen this before I lost my vyper :'(. That strap was really a hassle, especially with cold water gloves on. I am upgrading to the vytec.
I'll second these.

Just mounted a Vytec & SK7 each with 3/16" bungee. Simple, lower profile, redundant and a cinch to don/doff.  FYI - the SK7 can also be strapped with the compass rotated 90degs for nav w/arm outstretched.

The company was great to work with too.
  I use two different lengths bungee's.  A shorter one for closer my wrist and a larger one that goes around my forearm.  I have one set of bungee s that I use when I wear my dry suit and another set when I wear my wetsuit.  I couldn't imagine trying to put on my computer on with my dry suit gloves without using a bungee mount.
I tried using the two different lengths (ie wrist, forearm) but the different lengths bugged me (either too tight or slips down arm towards wrist) so I went back to the criss-crossed method. This always seemed easier to don/doff and sort of "feels" better when wearing it.

One funny thing about their (DeepSea Supply) design. They probably could have put a few slots in the elastomeric cups so that velcro bands could be threaded through too. That would then work for the people who like watch bands over bungee (and still be pretty reliable).

Agreed - don/doff any standard watch band in any large gloves sucks compared to this approach.