MNScuba.com

Full Version: Yeah Baby, AOW!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I know it's not a HUGE deal...but GP and I got our Advanced Open Water certifications today. We went out to Wazee Sunday, did 3 dives on our own (one night dive) and then finished up a couple dives Monday for our certifications.<br><br>Congrats GP!<br><br>PS, there's a new object in Wazee... A 10-speed bicycle near the 'divers playland' area. Good site for a picture taking!
I added a shot of our instructor riding the bike on my photo site. The viz was real bad today so the pic isn't that great. Here is the link.
Smile
GP and Chris,<br>Congrats on the AOW! <br><br>Lot's o' fish in the bicycle picture, I take it the bike isn't at -100'?<br><br>I'm thinkin' more and more about getting aow..<br><br>Congratulations again.<br><br>Fred
Way to go guys! What were your specailties?
Well, the five dives we did were:<br><br>Night Dive<br>Peak Performance Buoyancy<br>Underwater Navigation<br>Deep Dive<br>Underwater Photography
Yeah...and unfortunately for the underwater photography dive the viz sucked but we still learned a lot so it was worth it. Smile
Way to go you guys!!!<br>And you found the bike...Great...<br>(I took a spin on it myself a week ago, but couldn't get much speed up)<br>Congrats...Cudos...etc...etc...etc...<br><br>Jean ;D
Congrats on the AOW!!!! So whats next?
Well, for me it will be<br><br>Medic/First Aid<br>Rescue<br>Ice Diver<br><br>Then MAYBE Dive Master, we'll see. I would like to go for that next Summer, so hopefully I'll keep racking up the dives the rest of this year and next year and get more experience. Sounds like a good course to take based on what I've heard from people that are/have done it.
Ice diver would be pretty cool (no pun intended=). <br>My UNIX instructor used to be an Ice Diver in Michigan and he has all kinds of crazy stories. I guess he used to recover snomobiles from the lakes and salvage them. Sounds like fun huh?<br>I bet you could snag more than a couple out of Minnetonka every year!<br><br>Any Idea how many dives are invloved in getting that cert? <br><br>
Pages: 1 2