MNScuba.com

Full Version: Star Tribune to do story on Fitz anniversary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Star Tribune newspaper in Minneapolis will be
running a full-page graphic on the anniversary of the sinking
of the edmund fitzgerald. The online version of the
story is set to have multimedia or interactive elements.
Look for Fitzgerald Storm weather maps of which I donated 3. One from Nov.9th 1975 and two from Nov.10th 1975. I don't know how many of the three will be used, but myself and the NOAA will be credited.
Thought some of you may like to check it out.
When the story is complete it will be on
Well, I see they have their internet story up now on the main page. The link I put still does not work, and the slide show only has 4 pics...none of which are my maps...so maybe they decided not to use them  :'(
God bless the families and those lost!
stv
Here is a story link.
Here is another link with maps.
Hi thanx.
I looked on there. But still don't see any weather maps.
Just the interactive low pressure system thing.
Just got this in email, cause i inquired. So we'll see what happens.

"Hi Steve,

Hmmm. When I left our designer last night, I’d given him the maps and they were going into the “The Last Voyage” page of the project. But you’re right…I don’t see them there now. I’ll try to find out what happened and let you know. I still very much want them as part of this project. --Robyn "

This PIC of the actual bell (the bell was removed and a tribute bell was replaced on the wreck in 563ft of water) is from CNN.com but I do have one of my own somewhere as my now wife and I visited the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum in White Fish Pt. about three years ago! 

If you are ever in that area and it is a cold rainy day, like we had, the museum is a must see! Unbelieveably powerful tribute to those who died, the historical significance, and just the evolution of diving...man and the sea!

Pretty awesome stuff! Even so worth while that even my non-diving spouse enjoyed the visit.