MNScuba.com

Full Version: Blame Jean, I want to go tech!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks to five wonderful dives in Ginnie and Orange Grove Sink with Jean (and Larry), I've been bitten by the cave diving bug. Bad.

I figure the best way to prep for the training (hopefully this Summer) will be by swapping into a backplate/wing system, getting a drysuit, and doing massive numbers of recreational ice dives up here.

Can anyone point me toward reasonably priced regs that perform well in the water temperatures we get? And what should I be looking for in a drysuit, where should I be looking, etc?

Thanks,
-Dan
Scuba Dive and Travel got Jean started and we can get you started too.  We have classes from beginner to Technical Cave diving and beyond. 

We also have the gear you need for cold water diving in Minnesota as well as gear for the warm waters of Florida. 

Awww...    :-[ :-[ :-[

Thank you !!!  Thanks for being a WONDERFUL BUDDY !!!!

Take care , and see ya down here soon to do that Cavern and Intro class !!! 

Jeano Beano
Ft. White , Florida

P.S.  Er , I did Madison Blue's Cavern today with someone.  If you would have seen THAT ONE , You might not have left...  Wink

Take care and let me know when you get down here again for your classes etc ... I'll dive with you ANYTIME !!!

Don't "Blame" Jean, embrace her for introducing you to something new and wonderful!   I use a Sherwood Blizzard reg.  I got a great price on it as a close-out system on sale at Smith Diving.  Since they no longer carry that model, you might check at Air Down There in Little Canada.  Or check the shop listing in this website for Sherwood dealers.  Scuba Diving magazine tests regs and backplate goodies in their ScubaLab reviews.  Regs were reviewed in June issue, Backplates basic discussion, in July.  Best wishes and keep on Diving.
I love my Zeagle DS 4. I have also had good luck with apex, which up until a few years ago made Zeagles regs for them. Some of the Posiden regs I guess are pretty nice. Make sure it is cold water ready. Get something good though because it's not worth it to save $100 if you have something you don't trust, or dosen't always work right.
A big peice of it is servicing. I know I bought my regs knowing which shops serviced Zeagle regs. I don't want to trust my life to some kid in a shop who read a book and got a card to service regs after he got 80% on some test. When in a cave any problem with your reg is a big problem.
Good idea to research and ask around. I know I have a few cheap regs but I will only use them for argon for my dry suit or things like that.
Hey Jean, see you soon.  Will be loading up the pickup truck, and leaving on Saturday (loaded Garry's compressor today, wow, if they call that the Bauer Junior, I'd hate to lift the Bauer Senior).  Meeting some people in Marianna, and am not entirely sure about the plan thereafter, but should spent most of January in the High Springs / Fort White / Luraville area.  It's time to go hide in a cave.  - Kirk

Jean/Kirk - I'll be a couple of weeks behind you.  I plan on being in Florida by Jan 14th.  I'll be staying until Sat Jan 21st.  I'll also be driving down,  and staying in Ft White, hitting as many cave systems as I can.  If you're around, I'd love to do some dives with you.

Jeff Leech
YAAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok , YOU GUYS !!!

YOU GOT A DIVE WITH ME , BOTH OF YOU !!!!

I will PM my phone number to BOTH of you ...
Of course , Richard will know where to reach me ...

I am SOOO PUMPED up to see all of you again and do some caving with you !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeano Beano
Ft. White , Florida

P.S.  Lets see...
Devils , Peacock (Peanut and Pothole) , Upper Orange , Madison Blue etc..etc...etc...  Wink

I am going to dive with the DUDES on Monday the 2nd at Jackson Blue...I have not done Jackson yet so this will be a TREAT for me , for sure !
So long as the pickup truck doesn't crap out on me on the way down, I'll see you at Jackson Blue on Monday.  - Kirk

AWESOME !!!!!

Jean
Pages: 1 2