MNScuba.com

Full Version: Total Immersion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard about this Total Immersion "stroke"?

The web site sounds kind of fanatical but I have read a TI book from the library and am trying out this method of "swiming like a fish."

The jist of it is you keep one hand out front all the time (to make you longer) and you swim on your side instead of your belly while maintaining your buoyancy.

I don't know how well it would work with a snorkel...
Yes,

i have that book, and the video togo with it. I have never tried it with a snorkel, but it works when swimming with just a pair of goggles. You caoul ask a local master's coach to show it to you as that was one of the drills they did when I used to belong to a master's swim program.

Streamlining and lengthening yourslef in the water are key to both swimming and freediving. Slight adjustments in body posture make a big difference, for me, in depth and distance covered underwater.

Jon
i dont know anything about this..but if it is what Jessica Alba was doing on her most recent flick....well..it works for me ;D ;D
Aqua Lung makes one "Flexible" snorkel that works fairly well for this stroke.  I've tried it in pools before...Like a sideways dolphin kick!
hi new here!

Been doing the T.I. thing for over a year now. Dont worry about the snorkel. A Big part of the drills is rythmic breathing. You will improve your breathing skills. The snorkel will follow easily later.

jim