MNScuba.com

Full Version: Crosby May 6, saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody want to dive Crosby saturday? I have a new harness and wings I can't wait to try out. I dove Portsmouth 2 weeks ago and saw some HUGE Northerns. I'd like to either do Louise or Portsmouth. Linda
Sounds good to me, I can be up there by 9-9:30 saturday am with my dog. Louise? Linda
Saturday is May 6th

;D
Indeed it is. >Big Grin
I'm in!
See you all at Louise on saturday then! Looks like it's going to be a nice day! Linda
  Met Lindan and sage at dive site at approximately 11 a.m. suited up and got one dive in to approximately 80 feet.  Visibility was limited at depths to approximately 10 feet.  saw 2 large mouth bass on that dive.  I aborted dive early due to leak in dry suit and cold temperatures.  Was not impressed with Lake Louise,  Compared to some of the other dive sites in the Crosby area.  I usually see a lot more marine life.

Lindan left, I took a short break, fixed my zip in seal in my dry suit and was ready for dive number two.  This dive I stayed fairly shallow maximum depth of 50 feet.  I needed to get some good exercise in as my spear fishing tournament is next week.  I was very well hydrated on this dive. I have not used my P valve  In my dry suit as of yet, but after swimming almost all the way a round the lake,  I wished I had  it hooked up!  Needless to say it was a good exercise in removing all your gear in the water.  And then putting it all back on.  I was about 100 yards on my way back when I noticed I kept tipping to the right, I figured I would have to adjust my weights  some more when I got back.  It was then I realized that my 30 ft.³ pony tank was not clipped in to my front left D rings. :o time to return back to the scene, acquire pony tank and reattach it.  Now, I was down to approximately 1000 pounds of air.  I inflated my MC(multi-system compensator) inserted snorkel and swam back across the lake, rather than following the perimeter.

I did see something pretty cool on this dive I had a loon dive under and check me out, there are very curious birds.
Yeah, Loons are really cool.  I saw one while I was underwater at Wazee.  It dove under about 15 to 20 feet and swam back up to the surface.  It was a pretty awesome site.  They are really fast.