MNScuba.com

Full Version: Hi to everyone at mnscuba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Don and after waiting about 35 years too long, I am taking my class room and pool lessons at the end of April and hope to complete open water dives by early summer! Can hardly wait to get out and enjoy the local lakes and to meet everyone here at nmscuba. I was very surprised at how large the diving community is in this land locked area.
Hey Dunder!  Welcome to MNscuba, where in MN do you live?  This is a really good website for advice and other what not.  I'm doing a refresher this weekend, and getting back into the sport after about 6 years.  We all regret not doing scuba sooner.  Good luck!
Ditto on "not doing it sooner!" It's gonna be a great summer of diving in this "Land of 10,000 Lakes"  plus a few rivers, Quarries, Ponds!  Welcome aboard!
Nice to meet you Don. I'm looking forward to meeting many of the people here at mnscuba.com as well. Planning on doing MUCH more diving this year! In case you haven't seen it yet, there is a dive buddy thread here too. Take a look. There are lots of divers from all around MN.
Mockturtle: I live just arcoss the river from MN in Grand Forks. ND is a little lacking in lakes.

wtdrm

Welcome aboard. I have a friend by the name of Jim Grier. He's a prof. at UND. Right now I thinks he in the Philipines doing some research. "tough job)
He manages to do about 150 dives a year and he probably lives within 20 miles of you.

Go to scubadiving.com and do a search for the handle "lepomis"
He's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge for that area.
CJ
Welcome DUnder.    There is a couple in North Dakota that dives in Crosby mine pits  quite a bit.  I've seen them about 4 times.  I don't know if they are on the board much, but you may want to try to hook up with them sometime for the drive  split gas, etc. 

Wtdrm  the post ahead of this one  is at Crosby quite often.  Almost every weekend.  Your always welcome to join him and or the rest of the divers from Going Under Dive Center, as several of us make multiple trips there frequently.

have a great day.

maxfactor
DUnder

Bill to dive is from GF as well, he does a lot of diving in the detroit lakes area, I hook up with him in the summer, our cabins are close.  feel free to hook up with me in the summer, I do most of my diving in the DL area as well.

Doug

1-651-764-3400 dive hot line
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I will definitely join in at the local dive spots and will try and hook up with the local divers.