MNScuba.com

Full Version: Mille lacs Ice -out Dive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  I will be installing my roll control tank holder racks in my boat this weekend.(4 lP 12o's )First weekend after ice out on mille lacs,  I am taking my new GPS with  Preprogrammed hotspots and going scavenger hunting.  I will be saving the copilot's seat in my boat for my dive anywhere, anytime, buddy Art. That is of course, if he returns from Mexico. We will have room for one more. Other boats and divers welcome to join in.  Location yet to be determined, we probably have one to two weeks.  I'm thinking of staying over on a Saturday and also diving on Sunday, might have to pull an extra trailer to haul all the booty back.......ARRRR
I've been meaning to try this lake for a few years but haven't gotten around to it yet.  Sounds like it's a scavenger hunter's dream...lots of goodies lost by the fisherman.

Including hooks and line?  Tongue

Including hooks and line?  Tongue
[/quote]

Its not too hard to avoid the line. Although last time I was diving there I put a hook thru my drysuit. Just a pin hole, but I knew it when I felt the hook sink. I wasn't careful enough with a collected lure and thats how I got caught. You can find lots of stuff on the bottom there. Get there when the crayfish are breeding is really a treat to see. Thousands of crayfish all over with claws pointing up tryiing to fend you off. And once they start breeding they could careless what you do with them.
Feature wise, the bottom isn't all that interesting. Lots of rocks is about it in the areas I've dove. But I'd certainly go again.
Hey SHooter,
What's the Ice Status on Smith Lake....I mean Mille Lacs?  (Smith Lake is a little farther west from Mille Lacs if you take a northbound left turn at Headquarters Lodge. )

Now that I dove Wazee and only slightly froze my ... off.  Really, I enjoyed it an wished I'd brought another tank.  Can't wait to see what goodies are lost on the bottom of "the Great Spirit Lake" as it's known to the Shakopee band of Mdewakanton Dakota. 
Needing to get wet soon!
Lisa

I was just at Mille Lacs over the weekend. Not for diving, but, there were many boats and swimmers out. Not sure what the temps were.