MNScuba.com

Full Version: sat the 15th any one want to dive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking to get a dive in on saturday and am looking for someone to dive with and a place to dive, looking at somewhere in the cities or close.

post up ideas or give me a call  651-764-3400

Doug
I'm going with the northwest divers on their annual Ottertail river run the 15th.. it was a lot of fun last year, saw tons of huge walleyes and other fish.. although max depth was only maybe 10' and usually 6' or so, it was still fun.  I think we did hit a spot with a bit more depth but it was terrible vis there compared to what the ottertail is like.  I just snorkeled.. and again, this year I'm just snorkeling, but a lot of others are scuba'ing.
I'll give you a call.
I had every good intention of getting to the lake this weekend near ottertail but my wife sprung this thing called easter on me..go figure, I think bill to dive is doing that ottertail dive as well, last year I told him I would join him but not this spring.

Dave give me a call we will dive around here some place.

Doug
Remind her that Easter is on Sunday!  (So is My Birthday but what will that get me?)  So if she lets you go diving on Saturday, you will "Devote" the whole Easter Sunday to what she wants to do!!!  If that line doesn't work...Just wait til the weekend after!!!  Then you will have some points in your favor for not pouting about not getting to go diving!!!  Have a great weekend anyway and Happy Easter! 
We'll see you out in the water real soon!
(My $.02 worth and a woman's point of view)
Lisa
wives...I love her to death but sometimes... she said "but that's Easter Saturday".  I'm still going, I couldn't find that holiday on my calendar. Wink
Aaahhh... Having no spouse, I'm in no position to offer an opinion. I'm not a big holiday fan though. Easter Saturday, huh? Hehehehe... Is that like Festivus?

I'll call you tomorrow about diving around here. I have no clue which lakes to hit here. I live in Prior Lake. Around here I've only been in Square Lake, Crosby, and Wazee. I was going to call you today but got REALLY busy.
Talk about Metro area lakes a "Short Drive" from Prior Lake...Try Christmas Lake off Highway 7 in Excelcior.  It's easiest accessed by boat, due to the weeds in that bay.  But once out in the main lake...80 ft depth, panfish and bass galore.  Some people say it's not very clear...But compared to Prior...It's as clear as a glass of tap water!  I have pictures to prove it, just haven't figured how to upload them.  My son (age 6 at the time) and I enjoyed a few trips of boat / snorkel / play in the water, last summer.  The water was a little cloudy the day they were running a milfoil harvester on the lake.
Another option would be Cleary Lake off Texas Ave, at the Cleary Lake, Three Rivers Parks district park.  Nearer to Shakopee off County Rd. 79 are Thole Lake and O'Dowd.  They're fairly shallow panfish lakes but they're open as of last Friday.  Call me at 612-597-2105 after 3pm for more information.  I used to live in Shakopee and still work in Prior Lake, yes, it is a long commute from Brooklyn Center!
I'm willing to drive to wherever. I just want to get out and meet the bunch of you and get in the water. I was reading the other day about "underwater angling" too. I think I'll have to give that a shot this year. That sounds fun. Thanks for the suggestions and directions, Lisa. I may buzz you tomorrow (later today, actually) after I talk to Doug
Copy that, recharging phone battery now!  I love good long chats to keep me awake and completely distracted when I'm Driving :Smile
Pages: 1 2