MNScuba.com

Full Version: southern Minnesota cave diving - presentation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
monthly meeting
7pm Wednesday April 12th
Pillsbury Hall, University of Minnesota East Bank Campus
Topic: "Goliath's Cave: Beyond the Sump" by John Preston

John will present photos and videos from a recent discovery of virgin cave passages in southern Minnesota.  The new sections of dry cave lie beyond a water-filled sump that he traversed using modified cave-diving techniques.

You can read about Goliath's Cave here:

Need help finding the meeting location?  Check out the maps at the end of this page:
Roger,  Thanks for the great site.  I hate that the DNR thinks it could shut out the explorers in all of us. 

Many thanks to the team for they're creative efforts in getting around a locked gate.

GREAT PICTURES AND A VERY EASY READ.

MaxFactor
Ah, the good old MN DNR, I'd think they "cut off their nose to spite their face" now that the DNR access is closed by Mother Nature! 
I can understand the liability concerns they would face with cavers traversing and possibly "having fatal results" in this system.  Mysterey Cave in Forestville is a Public Access DNR cave.  And to see what it takes in "Man Hours" to operate that site as a State Park is phenomenal! 
Lisa
Roger,

Thanks for the posting to everyone out there. I look forward in presenting the current exploration of Goliath Cave.

As most of you can see it takes some serious effort to continue to explore this cave system with the DNR breathing down our necks but it has been worth it.

John P.
Thanks to everyone who was able to attend the presentation at the MSS. I look forward in presenting it at the Rochester Scuba Club in June.

John Preston
John Preston,  Thanks again for the great pictures.  Any chance we can get you up to Maple Grove area to give a presentation.  I am sure I can round up at least 50 +divers to attend, and maybe even do some kind of fund raiser event.

Beer,  cookies, etc.  we'll figure something out. 

MaxFactor.
I would enjoy doing the presentation up there. Let me know of a date and time so I can make sure to get it on my schedule.

John P.
I would love to come but I don't eat cockies often (I'd say I don't drink beer but Youd know I was lying  8) )
cockies
Quote:

Tongue
DYSLEXIS OF THE WORLD -- UNTIE!
Pages: 1 2